Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It was the Gardner...Really!

Yesterday morning I did have a problem with my computer. It seemed to be stuck. I had to get to the Farmer's Market, so I left. My plan was to return home and work on the blog and publish both posts I'd created.
Unfortunately, the building's Gardner had other plans for our water, and sanity.
When I got home, I first had to feed Rusty. As you will get to know, feeding, The Boobah, (our favorite nick-name) is not something anyone takes lightly. It was after 5:3o pm, and Rusty was pretty hungry. I'd dragged him all over town yesterday afternoon, making deliveries and what-not.
Sooooooo, there I was starting to wash his dish, when I noticed that the water was acting funny. The first thing I checked was the bathroom and sure enough, there was no water. No worries for The Boobah, I could feed him anyway.
Oh, did I mention that I also don't know anything about microwaves? Ya, there's that too.
Before we get into the feeding of The Boobah, I need to mention that the night before, I decided to make Microwave Popcorn. I figured that since I bought the popcorn at, Trader Joe's, that it would be healthier than the stuff at 7-11. Now, I'm not the best at following instructions, but it did clearly say, Put in Microwave on High for 4 minutes.
Um, evidently, 4 minutes is a really long time in Microwave Speak.
When I noticed that the smoke was everywhere, I opened all the windows, and tried to air out the apartment....whatever!
Rusty was not at all happy with the stench, not to mention there was literally, Nothing in this adventure for him!
I through out the black blob of burnt corn and promptly put another bag in the machine. This time I pushed the Popcorn Button and was happy that I was not becoming to Microwave Popcorn, what the Octomom has become to Birth Control.

Back to last night.
It seems that there was quite a mess in the microwave that needed to be cleaned. So I got some soapy water and a sponge and had at it.
I then went to put Rusty's food in the microwave to heat and a really bad "thing" happened to the machine. It made a horrible sound, and lit up very bright, (this can't be good) ..I just turned it off and pulled the plug.
No worries, I just heated the food (it was still a bit frozen) in a skillet and went about feeding my bewildered dog.
When I went to rinse everything, I noticed that the water was starting to stop flowing to a complete halt. I check around, like I mentioned before and then called my landlady, Dixie. Dixie informed me that our Gardner, Jose, had shut off the water whilst he went to Home Depot.
Um, this is where is gets bizarre....The Gardner, Jose, was on the phone in his car with Dixie, when a cop pulled him over. He got a ticket for holding and speaking on the phone and there were some other issues?
Long story short....he didn't return for a very long time and the front of the building was basically, ripped up.

When I got home, my computer had frozen again (checking all cords is a good thing to do before giving up on the computer. I'll do that from now on.)

Today all is well. I've finished these two blogs and am going to get ready for Seder Dinner tonight with my family. I'm taking the Flip Camera with me and Rusty & I are going to film / blog our small family dinner.

Till then...hopefully this evening, Have a Good One Blogger.com!

Regards,
Annie & Rusty

No comments:

Post a Comment