Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm having a Ruff Start!


Well, hello there...

It seems that Rusty and I are going to be having a blog for the next week or so. I'm excited about this and (though he doesn't know it yet) so is Rusty. We're going to talk about different doggie subjects, relating to our days and adventures, as well as discuss what's going on in the World today.

If you're wondering why we're going to be doing this...Well, I've always thought that the written word is important. Rusty can't write, but he can feel and keep me on a somewhat clear path.

In the next few days, I'll be adding photos from our daily outings and from home too. (Guess that means I'll be cleaning a lot before the camera gets here!)

Now those of you who know me, know that I'm not the best with directions...driving or otherwise. I'm reading the directions for this blog as I'm writing.....(proof that I can't follow even these directions. Could you imagine if I had to drive somewhere and then Blog??? HA!)

Tonight's Blog, is not going to be very long, because I want to study the Blog World--so-to-say, on this website and hopefully figure out that I'm doing the right thing here.

(By the way, I've asked Rusty for help, and he's to busy thinking that his foot is a delicacy...blech!)

I've named the blog, "It's a Ruff Ruff World" in an effort to always be relating to Rusty.

It occurs to me, that some of you may not know who Rusty is and why I keep referring to him. I've just uploaded one of the many pictures I have of my little man. I think he's adorable and has a face or Punim that let's him get away with everything!
Rusty is a special guy....no, not just because he's my boy, but because he has daily challenges that few people face. You see, Rusty lost both of his eyes to glaucoma in 2004 & 2006. Let me tell you something, this is not a sad story or life. Rusty is the happiest little guy I know. (um, maybe because I started a business for him, and cook for him and keep him in the manner to which I Have Become Accustomed Too???? (more on all that later).
For tonight, I'm just going to say that Rusty gave me back my life while I was trying to make his a little easier. We'll talk more about this and other things in the days to come.
Hey, I know that my "homework" for the next week or so, is going to be relaying stories and events about my and Rusty's lives. Tonight, I think I'm going to ask all of you to do some homework too...
Your assignment...If you have a pooch or a kitty, rabbit, turtle, hamster, or fish, go give 'em some love! Give a belly rub or a chin scratch or some music for the fish (does that sound weird? It shouldn't....fish and all living creatures need love too!) After all, our "non-human" companions are always telling us that they love us everyday.
Till the next time, Bloggers!
Annie & Rusty quote the master..."Good-night & Good-luck"
Bye for now.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie,

    Glad to have you and Rusty on this project! Would you tell us a little more about you and your life right now? As creatively as you can, please bring to life what your life is like right now. And then also what your life was like a year ago (last spring) and then again six months ago (October). Any changes?

    thanks!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete